Thursday 31 December 2015

Aka Cannellini Beans Brine Eggless Meringue Recipe - No Egg whites Meringue

This beautiful healthy meringue just made my day! I was wondering how will be my first try experimenting about egg whites substitute. The Aka cannellini brine is the cooked water from cannellini beans which I soaked overnight with the same water, pressure cooked until water turns thick, drained the water and then saved some in a sterilized glass pot! Here I am today ending up with a nice light and crunchy meringue that I am indulging to make more and use for other egg whites recipes like macaroons or even choux! Most folks used Aquafaba (Chickpea brine) hence, I have not seen any recipe using other beans like cannellini beans but I'm sure folks are experiencing with other beans as I did and was a success!  You can use chickpea's brine (gram) or white kidney brine as well.
Cannellini brine works so magically.
 I've added some drops of pure almond extract to enhance the flavor, you can add vanilla as well.





~~~~~~~

 Enjoy my step by step recipe!



Ingredients:

6 tbsp Cannellini beans Brine
3/4 Cup Powdered brown sugar - use can use any time of sweetener
1/2 tsp white vinegar - optional, use can use cream of tartar for better stabilizing
3 drops Pure almond extract




Preheat your oven on 130 degrees C.
In a big metal bowl, add cannellini beans brine and beat on low to medium speed until mixture turns white (takes 2 minutes)




Beat on high for about 10 - 20 minutes until peaks foam



Gradually add 2 tbsp powdered brown sugar at a time then add almond extract. Keep on adding each 2 tbsp powdered brown sugar every 3 secs until mixture turns glossy.




Scoop each meringue on a silicone tray or parchment paper and bake for 35 to 40 minutes on 125 degress C. After 40 minutes, turn off your oven but do not open the door of your oven as the inside of the meringues have not dried well, keep door closed for 30 minutes. (IMPORTANT)





You can pour meringue mixture in a piping bag to make beautiful meringue shapes. I did not have any piping bag in hand so I used a spoon to scoop them but the final results were brilliant!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are most welcome!